Transportation of Dangerous Goods By Air (Awareness Level)
This course is suitable for anyone involved in the transportation of dangerous goods by air. The course includes information on the legal responsibilities for transportation of dangerous goods or hazardous materials via air and the special considerations that need to be taken.
This course is a suitable pre-requisite for OPITO approved Helideck Operations Initial Training (HOIT) training courses.
This course is designed to give a detailed overview and understanding of the issues surrounding the Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Air. This course has been built in partnership with DANGO Training Services Ltd, subject matter experts and IATA accredited training school and CAA authorised training provider.
The course has been written in accordance with Part 1, Chapter 4 of the ICAO Technical Instructions for the safe transportation of dangerous goods by air and Section 1, Subsection 1.5 of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- Define dangerous goods and legalities for the carriage of dangerous goods
- Identify the different characteristics, classes and types of dangerous goods
- Recognise the effects of air travel upon the transportation of dangerous goods
- Describe the different methods and types of packaging which are appropriate to the safe transportation of each type and class of dangerous goods
- Describe the correct storage methods of dangerous goods
- Identify the recognised standards for labelling and marking required to distinguish each class of dangerous goods
- Define the correct documentation requirements
- Define the loading and handling requirements
- Define the safe handling and emergency information
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Language: Enlgish and Brazillian Portuguese
- Knowledge Check: 30 Questions Final Assessment
- Certification: Delegates will receive a RelyOn Nutec certificate on successful completion of this course
- This course is a suitable pre-requisite for OPITO approved Helideck Operations Initial Training (HOIT) training courses.
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers
This course is brought to you in partnership with DANGO Training Services, transportation of dangerous goods experts.