Task Risk Assessment
This task risk assessment course is suitable for all current or potential members of task risk assessment teams. The course includes information on identification of all hazards associated with the work, what a TRA is, how and when it should be carried out and the responsibilities of each person within the process.
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with a good understanding of the Task Risk Assessment (TRA) process.
Candidates will be able to define task risk assessment, identify hazards and ascertain when a task risk assessment is required and what work categories need to be covered. Candidates will gain a full understanding of the task risk assessment process which will make them aware of hazards, risk mitigating controls and the various processes contained within a Control of Work system.
- Define key terminology associated with task risk assessment
- Define the purpose of a task risk assessment
- Describe hazard identification
- Describe the terms hazard and risk
- Recall when a task risk assessment should be carried out and what work categories need to be covered
- Describe what makes an effective task risk assessment
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of a task risk assessment team member
- Describe the steps of a task risk assessment
- Describe the identification of control measures
- Explain the importance of lessons learned
- Identify the general requirements for training in task risk assessment
- Recall what data/findings from task risk assessments should be recorded
- Describe the purpose of a Toolbox Talk
- Explain the importance of communication for the success of a task risk assessment
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Knowledge Check: 20 Questions Final Assessment
- Certification: Delegates will receive a Cresent certificate on successful completion of this course
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers