The course includes information on the prevention and awareness of strokes. Also covering the symptoms of a stroke and how you can help if you recognise that someone is having a stroke. According to The Stroke Association, there are more than 100,000 strokes in the UK each year and over 1.2 million stroke survivors. Stroke is the fourth biggest killer in the UK.
- What are strokes and why do they occur?
- Causes and types of stroke
- Symptoms of a stroke
- How you can help if you recognise that someone is having a stroke
- Stroke treatment and recovery
- Stroke prevention
- Duration: 30 minutes (approx.)
- Language: English
- Knowledge Check: 23 Questions Final Assessment
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers