The aim of this course is to develop your knowledge and understanding of best practice for offshore cargo handling, as well as an awareness of commonly associated hazards, and how to avoid them.
- List the regulations and governing bodies that relate to the safe handling of cargo.
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of individuals within the cargo supply chain.
- Describe the hazards associated with dropped objects, and how to check for them.
- Explain how to safely prepare for a lift and how to maintain safety during a lift
- Summarise lifting operations catergorisation and controls
- Explain how to conduct inbound and outbound cargo checks.
- Explain best practice when shipping cargo and Dangerous Goods by sea.
- Explain best practice when shipping cargo and Dangerous Goods by air.
- Summarise they types of issues that lead to non-conforming cargo across the industry
- Explain the key principles and best practice when shipping waste.
- Duration: 30 minutes (approx.)
- Language: English
- Knowledge Check: 18 Questions Final Assessment
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers