This Pressure Testing course will give candidates a good overall awareness of pressure and how it is measured. It will explain why pressure testing is required, how it is carried out, the hazards of pressure testing and the controls that should be in place to ensure the process is carried out safely.
The aim of this Pressure Testing course is to provide the candidate with the knowledge to carry out pressure testing, under close supervision, on liquid mediums.
- Explain the concept of pressure
- State the units of measurement most often used in the industry and the difference between psi and bar
- Explain the need for, and objectives of, pressure testing
- Explain the concepts of operating pressure and test pressure, and the relationship between them
- Describe the sequence of steps involved in a pressure test and the medium used
- Be aware of the Task Risk Assessment process and its role in providing a safe working environment in the pressure testing sequence
- Describe and identify safety measures typically involved in pressure testing
- Explain the tasks they can expect to undertake when participating in a pressure test following successful completion of this course
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Knowledge Check: 24 Questions Final Assessment
- Certification: Delegates will receive a Cresent certificate on successful completion of this course
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers