Onshore Basic Spill Responder
The Onshore Basic Spill Responder course is suitable for all onshore employees and looks at how, why and where spills occur. The programme describes a safe step-by-step approach to spill response and explains how to assess the risk, identify the substance and select the correct PPE. Delegates can then put theory into practice using a range of interactive exercises and real-life scenarios in preparation for dealing with a variety of basic spills onshore.
Are you looking to put a high volume of delegates through this course? Speak to our team about how we can help.
The aim of this Onshore Basic Spill Responder course is to provide you with the necessary skills and knowledge to deal safely and effectively with any basic spill you may be faced with in the Onshore Working Environment.
- Describe the working environment
- Explain spills and how we can prevent them from occurring
- Explain how to identify basic spills
- Describe adsorbents
- Describe the types of spill kits available
- Identify the steps of spill response including how to report a spill
- Explain the requirement for Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations
- Explain the Risk Assessment
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Knowledge Check: 20 Questions Final Assessment
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Plug-In: Adobe Flash Player required
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers
This course is brought to you in partnership with subject matter experts, Briggs Environmental Services.