Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM)
This course has been designed to give candidates an understanding of the legal requirements, methods and responsibilities for managing NORM (Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material) waste from operations, both on and offshore.
The aim of this course is to provide an awareness of the dangers of working in a NORM (Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material) environment.
- Give an overview of radioactivity
- Describe NORM
- Give an overview of the health and safety issues relating to NORM
- Explain where NORM is found
- Give an overview of legislation and employer responsibilities with regard to NORM
- Explain how NORM is detected
- Outline the precautions that should be taken when working in an environment where NORM may be found
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Knowledge Check: 20 Questions Final Assessment
- Certification: Delegates will receive a Cresent certificate on successful completion of this course
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers