Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER)
This course explains Lifting Operation and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER), the different types of lifting equipment, factors to consider when selecting equipment, the hazards of mechanical lifting activities and the roles involved in such activities.
The aim of this course is to prevent workplace accidents by raising awareness of the hazards present in Lifting Operations.
- Recall the key definitions and terms used for lifting operations.
- Define LOLER
- Identify LOLER regulations in the workplace
- Identify the features of planning a lift
- Describe the classification of lifts – routine and non-routine
- Identify the examination and testing of equipment that is required under the regulations
- Identify the training that is required under LOLER
- Identify which equipment is covered under LOLER
- Identify the different types of lifting accessories
- Identify the different roles in lifting activities offshore
- Identify the hazards associated with mechanical lifting offshore, including equipment hazards.
- Explain the Safe Working Load and Colour Coding Practices.
- Identify safe lifting practices
- Language: Enlgish and Spanish
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Knowledge Check: 20 Questions Final Assessment
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers