Candidates will understand what the global environment is and describe how their role may impact on the environment, define waste management and the relevant categories. This awareness course is suitable for all employees working within hazardous industries.
This course will provide you with an understanding of how oil and gas activities can have an impact on the environment, along with the typical measures used to minimise these impacts. You will also learn about the environmental legal requirements of upstream oil and gas companies.
- Describe in general terms how the industry can affect the environment.
- Describe the different ways in which the industry impacts the atmosphere and the control measures used to limit these impacts.
- Describe the different ways in which the industry impacts the sea and the control measures used to limit these impacts.
- Describe the effects of chemicals on the environment and the control measures in place to minimise these effects.
- Describe the impacts and control measures of waste production
- Describe the impacts and control measures of oils spills
- Describe how businesses can measure their environmental impact
- Explain the difference between the way onshore and offshore practices affect the environment
- Duration: 45 minutes (approx.)
- Knowledge Check: 20 Questions Final Assessment
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers