Electrical Safety Rules
This Electrical Safety Rules course addresses the dangers of working with electricity and provides guidance on the precautions required to stay safe. The course also identifies the roles and responsibilities of electrical personnel and provides instruction on procedures to be followed when carrying out electrical isolations.
Are you interested in a bespoke or customised version of this course? Contact our team.
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with an understanding of typical Electrical Safety Rules (ESR) used in hazardous industries.
- Describe the purpose of the electrical safety rules
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of electrical personnel
- Outline the PPE to be worn for electrical work
- Explain the function of a switch room
- Explain the function of a switching programme
- Describe the documentation required for electrical work
- Outline the reporting procedure for faults
- Describe the procedures to be followed when carrying out electrical isolations
- Describe the procedure for working on high voltage equipment
- Describe the procedure for the handling of cables
- Describe the procedure for working on Low Voltage systems
- Describe the procedure for working on telecommunications equipment
- Describe the precautions to be taken in hazardous areas
- Explain the actions to be taken in an emergency
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Knowledge Check: 20 Questions Assessment
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers