Display Screen Equipment
This course contains information for the safe use of display screen equipment (DSE) in the workplace and at home. It is suitable for everyone who uses this type of equipment and contains an assessment of the workstation. The assessment will give the user a full understanding of the potential hazards involved and how to assess whether or not they are at risk.
Are you looking to put a high volume of staff through this course? Contact our team.
The aim of this course is to give candidates an understanding of how to use display screen equipment (DSE) safely and the associated risks of not using DSE correctly.
- Outline what is meant by display screen equipment and its potential hazards
- Give an overview of common health and safety issues associated with display screen equipment
- Give an overview of the laws and regulations concerning display screen equipment
- Describe the upper limb disorders that can be associated with display screen equipment
- Give an overview of good posture and the prevention of musculoskeletal disorders
- Describe the risk assessment process for a workstation
- Explain how to use a mouse correctly
- Explain how to read a screen correctly
- Explain how to correctly use a portable computer
- Discuss case studies involving health issues caused by inefficient use of display screen equipment
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Knowledge Check: 20 Questions Assessment
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers