On completing this course delegates will be able to identify the personal, corporate and vessel-related risks posed by common cyber security threats, take basic precautions to ensure than data held online is not compromised, recognise when a cyber-security breach has occurred and take the appropriate actions at sea.
Are you interested in a bespoke or customised version of this course? Contact our team.
This course provides an overview of cyber security and how to minimise potential threats in the workplace. You will learn about many of the potential threats, good practice to minimise exposure and attacks, and what precautions you should take whilst travelling and using video conferencing technology.
- Define cyber security and its importance in the workplace
- Identify potential cyber threats and the possible consequences
- Explain the threat to information security
- Describe the potential vulnerabilities to information security in the workplace
- Define the different methods often used in cyber-attacks
- Explain the good practices that you can take to protect yourself and your company from cyber-attacks
- Explain the recommenced good practice that you should follow when setting up and participating in video conference calls
- Describe the security measures you should take whilst travelling ore and afloat
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Knowledge Check: 17 Questions Assessment
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers