The aim of this course is to provide you with an awareness of corrosion, and how this specifically affects the oil and gas industry.
Throughout this course your understanding of the information given will be tested and the results recorded. You need to answer 80 percent of the questions correctly to pass the course
- Describe how and why corrosion occurs
- What is corrosion?
- Why does it occur?
- Explain how corrosion affects the industry as a whole (cost etc.)
- Identify where corrosion is likely to occur off and onshore.
- Give examples of typical locations for corrosion to occur in the oil and gas industry
- Define the different types of corrosion
- CO2 corrosion
- H2S corrosion
- O2 corrosion
- Microbial corrosion
- Deadleg corrosion
- Galvanic corrosion
- Weld corrosion
- Grooving corrosion
- Flange face corrosion
- Atmospheric external corrosion
- Explain how corrosion affects pipelines
- Explain how corrosion affects wells
- Explain how corrosion affects water systems
- Explain how corrosion affects dead leg areas
- Explain how to treat and prevent corrosion
- How do you treat existing corrosion?
- How do you prevent corrosion from occurring?
- Duration: 30 minutes (approx.)
- Knowledge Check: 14 Questions Final Assessment
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers